Month of Salads // Green Onion Balsamic Salad

Howdy!  One of the new series I'm especially excited about this month is month of salads!  I'm trying to eat healthier and eat more green stuff, so salads have begun to pop up in my diet quite a bit.  Thus, I'm going to try and regularly document the salads I've made. 

This first one has a yummy balsamic dressing over a bed of lettuce, arugula, and spinach. 
Serves 1

Ingredients:

Handful of lettuce

Small handfuls of lettuce and arugula

1/4 c. sliced green onions

1 T sunflower seeds (toasted or raw)

Dressing:

2 T balsamic vinegar

2 T agave nectar or honey

1 T fresh lime juice

1/4 c. plus 2 T olive oil

Coarse salt

Freshly ground pepper

What to do:

After washing, tear lettuce into small-ish pieces and put in a bowl with arugula and spinach.  Sprinkle sunflower seeds and onions over salad.  Set aside. 

In another bowl, combine the dressing.  Whisk vinegar, agave, and lime juice together in a bowl.  Slowly whisk in the olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.  Drizzle over the salad.  Please do not drizzle all of it on, as it is meant for a larger portion of lettuce.  You can always save it for another salad!

The dressing recipe is from Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook: My Father's Daughter.  You can find it here for relatively cheap. 
I hope you enjoy eating healthier!  xo, Ella

0 comments:

Post a Comment